Awh, puppy love

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_edGZgGebFM

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Chalking Your Hands

Just like a gymnast, I want to chalk my hands for a better grip. I want to have a tight grasp on the things and people in my life that I love. But that's unbiblical. If I chalk my hands, God will only smile- knowing that it's time for another lesson in life. He will then proceed to pour His water on my hands...slowly releasing my grasp on things I hold dear to me. Why? He wants to be number one in my life. When I hold on too tightly to earthly pleasures, I am not allowing the Lord to have total control over my life. My God is a jealous God and wants to be the priority in my life; Exodus 20:5 states this well. Since I have dedicated my life to the Lord, I therefore must refrain from chalking my hands and holding on too tightly. Such a hard, hard principle to follow though... But I know that if I hold out my hands, letting God have control- then how much more satisfying life will be, to know that God has it all under His control and I am right where He wants me...( Jeremiah 29:11 ) and such a vulnerable, but altogether wonderful, place to be. For Christ's power is made perfect in our weakness. ( 2 Corithians 12:9 )

No comments:

Post a Comment